Monday, August 19, 2013

Hiker Intro: Dayna


1. What is your nickname? It was Dakota at one point long ago, but it's mostly Dayna or Dee these days. 

 2. Previous hiking experience:  Leadville in 2012...that's about it, haha. Lots of hiking time in the tri-state area and one climb up Hunter Mountain, but that was only 4,000 feet so not sure if that counts? Though I did climb 2,000 feet in 2 hours, so it counts to me!

3. What made you go on this trip? I've never been one to turn down an opportunity to follow the crew on some crazy adventure, and when else in my life will I be able to share the Kili experience with 10 of my closest friends? 

4. What legs of the trip are you going on? The Climb, and the Safari?  The climb, the safari, then Cape Town/South Africa to swim with sharks. Hopefully Megalodon doesn't make an appearance. 

 5. What words/phrase do you think you will slightly overuse on the trip? 

"Holy crap!"

"Photos will never do this justice"

"Is it time to eat again?"

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming..."

"The task ahead of you is never as great as the power within you"

 6. What is your greatest fear leading into the climb?

Fear? What's that?

 7. What are you most looking forward to after the climb?

After swimming with the sharks in Cape Town, sharing my experience with my friends and family

 8. What is going to be your "special phrase" for "the altitude is killing me and you all better leave me alone or else..."?

"So, how bout them Cowboys?" 
In all honesty, if I'm hurting, the best thing I can do is talk to someone else and distract myself. Hopefully there's someone else to talk to that's not hurting as much as me :)

 9. Anything else we should know about you?  I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to experience something like this, so thanks friends for joining me and thanks friends/family back home for supporting me! Mom, if you're reading this, I promise we're being safe :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment