Monday, August 19, 2013

Neema International : please donate! --Mel

Luke 18:16-17: But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

We just met the founder of Neema International. an orphanage for children, Mandy Stein. Members from our group gave donations/items brought from the states. Mandy moved here 3 years ago and her love for these children is astounding. Think about it? Leaving your home to work(non-profit) in a third world country? She knows the language very well and is not afraid to protect us as we walked around town getting harassed. Thank you Mandy! 

Please please go on their website and help out! This is why I came! This journey is me sharing we have  so many things we don't need! We complain about a lot of things in our life, but we are fortunate to be able to complain of having things. We complain about the school systems; the work we have; the foods we eat...at least we have them. 

I know I'm preaching a little, but this is where my "leap of faith" comes out and Mandy has is more than I do. 

- Mel




No comments:

Post a Comment