1. What is your nickname? Mel because saying Melody Magallanez 100x is tough for some people, plus Mel fits my personality : ) Becca M. calls me "Mel Bell".
2. Previous hiking experience: Well, I was very fortunate to hike the two highest mountains in Vermont last year and then go climb Leadville. This year of 2013, Nemo and I have hiked Stowe Pinnacle twice, but that will not be suffice for Kili. It's all about the altitude anyways.
3. What made you go on this trip?
I am sure my friends had to do with it...no, no, I know they had all to do with why I am going. It's once in a lifetime. I know I am very blessed in being able to go--Something that I would have never dreamed! To say, "Hakuna Matata" or sing the song will be PRICELESS!!
4. What legs of the trip are you going on? The Climb, and the Safari?
5. What words/phrase do you think you will slightly overuse on the trip?
"I blame Vegas"..oh wait, that will be me saying it : ) Love you Vegas
"I can't breathe"
"One step at a time"
6. What is your greatest fear leading into the climb?
According to Lisa, we won't be friends after
People being dramatic and I may die
7. What are you most looking forward to after the climb?
Look at the beautiful pictures and reflection
Take a shower
8. What is going to be your "special phrase" for "the altitude is killing me and you all better leave me alone or else..."?
"I blame Vegas"
" God is good"
" I am living other people's dreams"
"God has blessed me more than I ever deserve"
" I love my Nemo"
"It's all a Leap of Faith"
" I am IronMel"
9. Anything else we should know about you?
I am just going with the flow. I will have my music going and my journal to write about this experience. I have many fears leading to this as I truly do not know what I got myself into and don't even know what to expect. That is who I am anyways, so I am trusting everything to a higher being of positive energy and love that will get me through. I am also very excited as people are living through me and that is what will get me there. It will be life changing and I know that I will be surrounded by people that I trust and will make the right decisions. No matter what happens, I know that I have been extremely blessed with excellent health and amazing people around me, so knowing that I got there to see awesomeness and another world is all I need. ---True Story