Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hiker Lisa ready for our adventure -- here we go!!


Nicknames:


Not a lot of nicknames other than Lisa B and Lisa B Real thanks to the fact that I use my middle initial a lot J

Previous hiking experience:


Every morning I hike from the bedroom to the coffee maker, it is true exertion just making it that far without caffeine.

Lived in Colorado for a summer, vacation there a lot in all seasons. Lots of time spent in Tahoe as well. Had the joy of hiking the Tongariro Crossing in New Zealand in 2010, one of the best days EVER.


Love mountains, love, love, love mountains.

What made you want to go on this trip?


I am a big fan of my version of “trekking.” And no I don’t mean a Star Trek television marathon. I love going places and wandering around.

I am trying to go to a new place every couple years for a few weeks at a time. After going to New Zealand I remembered how important it is for us to REALLY disconnect and explore and travel through a new culture.

I have always wanted to go to Africa and when I heard some awesome friends were talking about going I jumped in as quick as possible to join in the fun.

What legs of the trip are you going on?


Climbing Kili, Safari and then heading to Cape Town!

What words/phrase do you think you will slightly overuse on the trip?


Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Asante, asante, asante!
Look UP
Awesome!!

What is your greatest fear going into the climb?


Well after reading all about the climb I am most nervous about summit night J I have always had a strong ability to maintain slow and steady pace in triathlon, running and cycling. I pray my endurance can hold up and that I listen to the guides to keep any altitude side effects at bay. I want to make it all the way and I know with our group of friends we will all do everything we can to support each other to make it safely to the top!

What are you most looking forward to after the climb?


The opportunity to all be together and reminisce about our trek! I know each of us will have a slightly different experience. Sharing pictures and stories about the fellowship that will have happened on the mountain.

And of course a shower, I don’t know if I have ever not showered for this long…it should be interesting!

What is going to be your "special phrase" for "the altitude is killing me and you better leave me alone or else..."?


Pineapple


Anything else we should know about you?

Did you know there is a full moon when we are hiking? I love the sky and the moon and I am really looking forward to being close to the stars and moon. I hope we have clear nights and mild weather so that we get the full beauty of the heights we are climbing. I can’t wait to “look up” as much as possible and be thankful for this experience.

1 comment: