Monday, August 19, 2013

Hiker Vegas

1. What is your nickname? Vegas.  

 2. Previous hiking experience:  Town lake trail (haha). Austin Greenbelt plus a million times up the Hill of Life.  Does that qualify? lol

Mosquito Pass, Leadville CO. Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, CO. Rocky mountain national park and Estes Park, CO. 

3. What made you go on this trip? I love adventure, and this was one of the few bucket list items still unchecked.

4. What legs of the trip are you going on? The Climb, and the Safari?  The climb, the safari, then Cape town. 

 5. What words/phrase do you think you will slightly overuse on the trip?  F#%^... Lol. 

"Life is short"

"Long live the bunnies!"

"You'll love me at the summit!!!" (In response to "Vegas made me do it!")

 6. What is your greatest fear leading into the climb?

Altitude sickness. Diamox is my best friend.

 7. What are you most looking forward to after the climb?

Swimming with the sharks in Cape Town!!!

 8. What is going to be your "special phrase" for "the altitude is killing me and you all better leave me alone or else..."?

"Shhh.....I'm concentrating.... Mind over matter."

 9. Anything else we should know about you?  I am a vegetarian and worried about the food.  I am also clumsy which could be interesting.  I would thank my awesome friends for always partaking in my crazy ideas of fun!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment